Sustaining an injury, no matter how big or small, is not fun. It can force you to slow down or take a break from what you love to do. While some form of rest may be necessary to expedite the healing process, what if there was a better way?
They say hindsight is 20/20, so it can be hard to determine what steps may have helped prevent your injury. However, there is a solid body of evidence about how to prevent unnecessary injury. The most common type of injury that can be prevented is related to overuse. Many people don’t realize that one of the underlying issues for overuse injuries is spine misalignment.
Traditional ways to prevent injury
Here are a few common ways that injury prevention can be optimized for your sport or daily activities:
- A regular full body stretching routine to keep the body limber
- A nutrient dense diet
- Having a consistent strengthening program
- Minimizing a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible
- Proper stress management
- Tuning into your body to learn when it’s appropriate to progress or modify a movement
- Regularly seeing a trusted healthcare provider, such as a physical therapist, personal trainer, or chiropractor
Of these options, seeing a chiropractor is the only way to expertly and sustainably address spine alignment.
Spine misalignment and injury.
When the spine is out of alignment, it throws the entire body out of balance from a functional standpoint. With spine misalignment, nerve energy is affected. This can compromise your tissue health, the body’s natural healing capabilities, and normal coordination with daily movement. These ultimately put you at a higher risk for injury.
Proper biomechanics and posture play a large role in injury prevention as well. Once again, spine alignment plays a large role in the body’s ability to coordinate effective, pain-free, injury-free movement.
Here’s what you can potentially expect from addressing spine alignment
- Primarily, better nerve flow for coordinated movement and signalling
- With better coordination comes better performance with less effort
- Fewer issues with tissue health, such as muscle strain, connective tissue damage, and bone health, thanks to good neural signaling.
Preventing injury with good spine alignment
Chiropractic Biophysics (CBP) is a specialized expert-based approach that focuses on addressing the core issues related to spine alignment. Often, a CBP care provider can locate and address spine misalignments you didn’t even know you had. This non-invasive holistic approach can help you establish a solid foundation for regular daily activities without injury. When the spine is well-aligned, nerve flow is restored and the body can move with less risk of injury or complication.
CBP care is a great way to minimize your risk of injury. Find a specialist in your area and see what they can offer. Injury prevention is a great way to continue living your life to the fullest.