The spine is a vast interconnected system that allows your body to send and receive messages from the brain and move in a coordinated fashion. Thus, taking care of your spine is essential for maintaining optimal health and function. There are many holistic ways to keep your spine feeling it’s best, such as stress management, keeping a healthy weight, good alignment, regular exercise, and adequate hydration and nutrients via diet. Today, we will dive into the benefits of exercise for spine health.
How Exercise Boosts Your Spine Health
There are so many reasons that consistent exercise is good for us. Adding good spine health to the list is yet another perk. You may be wondering how regular exercise can boost your spine’s resilience. Here are just a few of the ways:
- Promote adequate core strength for supporting the innate stability of the spine
- Provide optimal flexibility to the spine for daily movements without unnecessary strain or poor movement patterns that throw it out of alignment
- Improve tolerance for good posture with daily activities- minimizing unnecessary pressure on spine joints and nerves secondary to spine misalignment
- Releases the body’s natural endorphins to boost a sense of well-being and provide natural pain relief when needed
- Increase circulation and nutrient perfusion to the spine to improve the health of essential tissues such as discs, ligaments, nerve roots, and the spinal cord
When considering all the great benefits of exercise, it’s easy to realize that regular movement will improve your quality of life and spine health for many different reasons. Outside of the direct benefits listed above, it will also help you better manage your stress, keep a healthy weight to reduce wear, and much more.
When You Might Need Some Guidance
The bottom line is that exercise is good for you (as you probably already know). Yet, many of us are not getting enough exercise time each week. So why the major disconnect? A lot of primary excuses come up related to pain, fatigue, and lack of motivation or time. Ironically, most of these issues simply come from a lack of consistency with exercise. If you’re experiencing generalized fatigue, pain, or trouble staying productive, the guidance of a health professional can make a big difference.
How a Chiropractor Can Help
Keeping good spine health is a great way to feel your absolute best. When you need an extra boost of confidence or advice on where to get started with exercise, seeking treatment from a chiropractor can help. Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) is a science-based expert branch of chiropractic care that focuses on promoting, or restoring, proper spine health via spine alignment. When the spine is aligned, the motivation piece will often fall into place for maximizing your exercise routine and spine health for the long term. Get in touch with a CBP provider, if available in your area, today.