How to Recognize Red Flags When Seeking Chiropractic Treatment
Searching for chiropractic treatment isn’t very easy. It’s not always common to find a friend who visits the chiropractor regularly, and there are usually many professionals to pick from in the immediate area. If you’re seeking help, though, you need to narrow it down, so you’ll have to do some research and make a decision.
Not all chiropractors are created equal. While some practices are professional, well-trained, and have a track record for success, others may be inexperienced and could even have a long list of unhappy reviews. It’s up to you to watch out for red flags when deciding on a chiropractor and to find a new one if your current provider doesn’t seem like the right fit.
Ideal Spine helps train chiropractors across the country to offer the best service they can to clients using our Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP) approach. From our experience, here are a few red flags to keep your eye out for during your search:
- Prior disciplinary action: Before you meet with a potential chiropractor, do some research to learn more about the professional’s training, experience and history in the field. Make sure to check your state’s Chiropractic Regulation & Licensing Board website to ensure no disciplinary action has been taken against the chiropractor, as this could be a bad sign.
- Very little hands-on experience: Research and interview the chiropractor about their certification and how long they’ve been working directly with patients. Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals or success stories. If the chiropractor hasn’t laid hands on anyone before, you might not want to be the first.
- Pushy or aggressive demeanor: Your chiropractor should be patient with you and not force you into doing anything you aren’t sure of. This is particularly important if they’re helping you work through pain, as only you can tell when a technique is too much for you to handle.
- Unwilling to answer questions: Part of what makes the chiropractor-patient relationship so trusting is the chiropractor’s willingness to explain things to you, so you understand exactly what is going on in your body. If your chiropractor doesn’t want to answer your questions, they may be inconsiderate of their clients, at best, or possibly be unsure of their techniques themselves, at worst.
- They boast about an exclusive technique: If your chiropractor tells you that they offer an exclusive, new technique that nobody else has, you should be skeptical. Chiropractic is effective because it uses years of research and training to understand how movements affect the human body. A never-before-seen technique may be untested and may end up leaving you extremely hurt.
- They claim to cure the impossible: Any chiropractor who claims to cure various chronic conditions is most likely exaggerating to convince you to work with them. While chiropractic care may be effective in alleviating pain and symptoms for some seemingly-unrelated conditions, it is not magic and cannot cure all health problems you have.
When choosing a chiropractor, also remember to work with one that considers your wellbeing overall, not just your spine itself. At Ideal Spine, we train chiropractors to look at health holistically for total-body wellness through Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP). We strive to provide ways for patients to get the best treatment they deserve, so you know you can rely on our certified professionals.
Chiropractic BioPhysics® corrective care trained Chiropractors are located throughout the United States and in several international locations. CBP providers have helped thousands of people throughout the world realign their spine back to health, and eliminate a source of chronic back pain, chronic neck pain, chronic headaches and migraines, fibromyalgia, and a wide range of other health conditions. If you are serious about your health and the health of your loved ones, contact a CBP trained provider today to see if you qualify for care. The exam and consultation are often FREE. See www.CBPpatient.com for providers in your area.
Share This Story!
Is Physical Therapy A Substitute for Chiropractic Care?
Articles Is Physical [...]
Chiropractic BioPhysics® – The Game Changer in Spinal Remodeling
Articles Chiropractic BioPhysics® [...]
Chiropractic BioPhysics®: A Different Approach to Care
Articles Chiropractic BioPhysics®: A [...]
5 Ways Chiropractic BioPhysics® Can Help with Scoliosis
Articles 5 Ways Chiropractic [...]
How Chiropractic Care Can Help with Autoimmune Disorders
Articles How Chiropractic [...]
How Chiropractic BioPhysics® Can Help Your Injury Recovery
Articles How Chiropractic [...]
10 Benefits of Chiropractic BioPhysics®
Articles 10 Benefits [...]
Exploring the Impacts of Gaining or Losing Weight on Spinal Alignment
Articles Exploring the [...]
CBP Seminars, Inc.
1160 Taylor Street Suite 100
Meridian, ID 83642
Email: [email protected]